Artist/ Band: These Curious Thoughts
Title: Let's See What 2Moro Brings
Label: Self release
Year of Release: 2011
Offical Artist/ Band Link
- This recording by “modern-day pen pals” Sean Dunlop and Jamie Radford feels like a real throwback to when sophisticated pop was the norm and top 40 radio was king (and still valid). Short, concise, interesting pop music; I hear so many influences throughout that it emerges original.
The pair have written and recorded together with the help of the internet while separated by the vast Atlantic ocean. It is a partnership that seems to be working, as there is much to enjoy about Let’s See What 2moro Brings. Some favorites include the lazy cocktail loungey “The Good Life,” the slightly raunchy and raucous “Dilated Pupils” and “Spit.” Tuneful pieces like “Beautiful Thing Called Life,” title cut “Let’s See What 2moro Brings” and the especially intriguing “World of Pain (The Nihilist)” show as many sides as you’re likely to find in one band.
Early 10cc & Gong, Electric Light Orchestra, Smashing Pumpkins, Charlie, Sparks, Zappa, Sad Café, Chilliwack... If you can imagine a conglomeration of all these styles, with an ear for a memorable melody, this is where we’ve arrived. Sounds like something you’d enjoy? I certainly did and look forward to picking up the next one, 2012’s Building Mountains From the Ground.
Reviewed by Terry Jackson on June 10th, 2012
- 01. The Good Times
- 02. My Dialated Pupils
- 03. Care In The Community
- 04. Beautiful Thing Called Life
- 05. World of Pain
- 06. Spit
- 07. If There's A Shark In This Fishbowl
- 08. Swimming In Glue
- 09. Rainbows
- 10. Let's See What 2Moro Brings
Copyright © 1998-2012, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.